School Council 2023 – 24
SCHOOL COUNCIL ELECTIONS ARE HELD EVERY YEAR IN SEPTEMBER, OUR ELECTED CLASS REPRESENTATIVES WILL HOLD OFFICE FOR THE YEAR.
They will report issues and discuss improvements they and their classmates think would benefit the school, inform school leaders of events that have been enjoyed by them and their peers, and use this to embark upon, with their class representative peers, a child led programme of positive change.
This is an exciting opportunity for the children to have a voice in our school and to take on a position of some responsibility. The School Council have two representatives from each class (from Year 1 to Year 6) and will meet with a school leader regularly.
The Role of a School Council Member:
- Attend meetings following an agenda
- Gather ideas from their class on how we can improve our school
- Update and inform their class about news and events
How are our School Council Members Elected?
- Pupils learn about British democracy and democratic principles
- Pupils nominate classmates who would like to be considered for school council
- Nominated children put together a manifesto and present ideas to the rest of the class
- Each class votes to elect their school council representatives
School Council Values:
- Being part of the team that look after the school
- Encouraging everybody to live our school values of co-operation, respect, resilience, confidence, love, responsibility and hope
- Being the voice of the pupils
Our School Council have been responsible for significant changes and improvements to our school including:
- Playground markings
- Improved school dinners
This academic year, our School Council have been working with Southwark Council and their climate change team Global Action to tackle air pollution. Global Action awarded the school a grant for some funding to help improve the air quality for the children at Grange. Before the end of this academic year, air filtration systems will be installed in some classes and a plant wall will be planted in the early years playground to help cut down the pollution.
Current School Council members are:
|Kashauna and Karim
|Lake and Royce
|Shahira and Sheriffdeen
|Hosna, Ebrahim & Ava-Simone
|Samson and Shyla
|Jimmy and Aliyah
|William, Asiyah and Orinta
|Jenai and Jaiden
|Nuraz ,Zainab and Kayla
|Joshua and Mia-Rae.
Year 6 leads
- Alfie S and Anissa.
- Ghilas & Nelly