Grange Early Years Foundation Stage
Grange Primary School strives to provide quality education for all its children, in a caring and supportive environment. The EYFS plays an important part in this, setting the foundations for children’s learning at the beginning of their school life. At Grange Primary School, we aim to create an engaging learning environment which encourages independence, exploration and challenge. It is our intent to nurture children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
At Grange in the Early Years we:
- Strive to provide each child with a warm, welcoming environment, making the best use of our classroom spaces, our outdoor space and the staff who work with the children.
- Work professionally and respectfully with parents and carers, fostering a solid relationship between them, the school and the children.
- Value all children’s communication and language; we aim to develop good listeners and confident speakers who use an ever-widening vocabulary.
- Champion reading in all its forms. Our Literacy curriculum is based around telling stories confidently as well as learning and sharing new stories. Our aim is to create curious and interested readers who develop a love of books.
- Aim to equip the children with the confidence and independence to develop their own ideas, build their resilience and have a willingness to solve problems.