Admissions to Grange Primary School
Admissions to Reception are handled by Southwark through the Common Application Form, which is available online at www.southwark.gov.uk. Admissions at other times are handled through our school office, if you are moving from another Southwark school, or by Southwark, if you are moving from outside the borough.
Admissions to Grange Primary School follow the Southwark community schools criteria. This means that priority is given first of all to looked-after children, then to siblings of children who are currently attending the school, then to children with particular medical, social or psychological needs, then finally on distance from the school.
- Apply for your child’s school place online
- Primary admissions brochure 2024-25
- Admissions Policy 2023-2024
- Admissions Policy 2022-2023
Children can join the waiting list for a place at our Nursery once they are 2 years old, places will be offered for the September following their 3rd birthday. We offer 15 hour places and 30 hour places. For more information regarding eligibility, please visit https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
If you would like to add your child to the waiting list for a place at our Nursery please come into the school office between 10am and 2:30pm to complete the application form. All applications must be accompanied with the following documentation:
- Your child’s Birth Certificate and NHS number
- A recent Council Tax bill
- A recent letter from Child Benefit or Tax Credits (no more than 3 months old).If you are not in receipt of either please provide your child’s NHS medical card
Please bring the original documents with you when you come to complete the application form so that we can take copies. Parents will be informed by the end of May if their child has a place to start in September. If there are more applicants than spaces available, places will be offered based on the following criteria:
- Looked after children. Children with an educational, social or medical need (please note these applications must be supported with professional documentation)
- Children with a sibling that will be attending the school at the time of admission
- Children living nearest the school measured by straight line route from home to main school gate.
If you have any questions regarding the application process for Nursery please call the school office on 020 771 6121.
We also conduct regular open mornings for parents and carers to visit the school. They will consist of a tour of the early years and school by a member of the senior leadership team. Places must be booked in advance by contacting the school office.
Please see available dates below:
- 26th September 2023 from 9:30am
- 12th October 2023 from 9:30am
- 3rd November 2023 from 10am
- 21st November 2023 from 9:30am
- 7th December 2023 from 9:30am
- 12th January 2024 from 10am
Brilliant schools give young people the great start in life they deserve. Secondary schools are still finalising their plans around open days. The brochure “ Starting secondary school in Southwark 2023/24“ does not include any dates, so you will have to check for updates on school websites.
Before you choose your school, please take some time to look at school brochures and websites and also to look at the most recent Ofsted of the school/s you are considering for your child/ren: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ofsted. Many schools have videos on their website that can give an insight to you and your child about school life.
This page offers you a plethora of important information and guidance to ensure that you have everything you need to help you make the right decision for your child’s next step on their academic journey. If you have questions, please feel free to talk to us.
Links and Downloads:
Please choose from the following options.