Grange has signed up to take part in the pilot of a new digital tool. This tool aims to support children who may show signs of excessive worry,anxiety or phobias. Children will be given the opportunity to play the game Tales of Courage for between 30-40 minutes at a time. This game has offline activities that the parent will encourage their child to attempt and the aim is to help the child gradually overcome their fears through slow exposure to them. The game is suitable for children aged 7-12 years of age. Some parents have expressed an interest in joining the pilot, but it is not too late to sign up.
There are 16 common fears that the program tackles:
- Staying at home without a parent or carer
- Making mistakes in school work or during tests
- Sleeping in places other than their home overnight
- Sleeping on their own
- Speaking in front of a group
- Spending time in crowded or busy places
- Spending time in the dark
- Spending time near a dog
- Spending time in places that are high up
- Spending time near insects or spiders
- Making new friends
- Going to parties or social gatherings
- Going to school
- Eating or drinking in front of other people
- Needles, injections, doctors or dentists
Thank you to all the parents/ carers who attended Mercury and Planet Earth Assemblies this week. Well Done to all the pupils for being so confident and sharing all their exciting learning with us!
Best wishes from the Grange Team.